Monday, October 13, 2014

Western Grebe at Dawson Creek

Went back looking for the Mandarin Duck. She hasn't been seen for a couple days. She may have gone somewhere else. I'm going to keep looking.

While looking for the duck I was following the creek that goes behind the Wood Duck pond and saw what I thought was a Grebe.  Had to get closer to see if it was Clark's or Western. As I got closer the Mallards all flew away. Saw it was a Western. He let me take all the pictures I wanted. I sat on the bench for a while and just watched him float along the creek. He was just going back and forth. It actually was very relaxing.

I got home and looked up on ebird and no one has ever reported a Western in Dawson Creek. Of course that doesn't mean there's never been one there before but it has never been reported. Feel good to be the only one to report it.

Some of the birds i saw today

Western Grebe

                   



A gull I still can't ID. Any help appreciated.  Pink feet. Could it be a Glaucous-winged?









My favorite:  Great Blue Heron




Red-winged Blackbird

No comments:

Post a Comment