Thursday, October 9, 2014

Max Smith Birdwalk

Les and I went on a Birdwalk with Max Smith at Dawson Creek. It was perfect weather. I was able to go into areas I've never been in. Most in the group were looking for the Acorn Woodpeckers.  Max was a great guide. I would have missed the Downy Woodpecker if I hadn't been with the group. I was testing out my new eye. It was working pretty good.
I got one of Max's books. It's really very informative. Great pictures to help with id on some birds.

Must-see Birds of the Pacific Northwest





Checklist

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S19971232

Got a few pictures:

Acorn Woodpecker




  Cedar Waxwing







Dark-eyed Junco



Red-breasted Nuthatch (not the best picture)


White-breasted Nuthatch



Wood Duck Pair


Mandarin Duck ?? Don't think so, see next post.


 Yellow-rumped Warbler


Great day


2 comments: