Friday, March 14, 2014

Dawson Creek And Fernhill

Can't believe I hit two places in one day. I was pretty tired by the time I got home. Also spent 2 hours with my mother in between.

Got to Dawson Creek mostly to look for the Rusty Blackbird.  Steve Nord reported seeing it again. He had been gone for a few weeks.

As I got there I went right over to the bench where he usually hangs out. There he was. It was like he was waiting for me. Got a couple pictures then he got a little fluttered and moved on.



When I first got there I talked to a couple that came to find the Rusty.  I pointed out the spot I usually see him. They kind of turned their nose up at me and went off the other way. I was just trying to be helpful.  I started taking photos when I saw him and that couple saw and came running. They just got to see him and take a couple pictures before he took off. They never said a word to me. How Rude.

Went and saw my mom and then over to Fernhill.  Ran into Gary Witt and had a very nice afternoon walk. All in all a good day.

Saw a sweet little Yellow-rumped Warbler.  He actually sat still for a minute



 So many variations. This guy was really bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment