Monday, February 24, 2014

Swallows Return

Looks like the swallows are coming back for spring. They've been reported on ebird the last week or so in Southern Oregon.  I just noticed in the last two days they have been reported to be out at Fernhill.  They were some of the first birds I saw out there. They may be common to some people but I think they are beautiful. They move very fast but at Fernhill there are nest boxes and when they land you can get really good shots of them. I love the blue color.  A couple shots from last year.

TREE SWALLOW





TAKING OFF AT FERNHILL


Tomorrow is going to be somewhat sunny so I'll take a walk through Fernhill and see if I can find some of the swallows that have been reported. With all the snow I haven't been out in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment