Thursday, February 27, 2014

My First Owl

I am so excited. Got my first owl today. I have been birding almost a year now and have yet to see an owl. Not for lack of trying.

I went out again after picking Sabrina up from work. Went to see if we could find the Yellow belly Sapsucker.  Thought I heard it but I'm not good enough to ID from sound only. But some that had been out there were telling about a Great horned Owls nest. It was pretty far away and on the other side of the freeway.  I was able to just barely see it with my binoculars .  Took a picture hoping it would show up.

Here's the picture:






Not the best picture in the world but enough to ID.  I was so excited poor Sabrina heard all the way home "I have an Owl" !!!!  She actually was very happy for me because she knew how much I wanted to find one.  Persistence pays off .

That's what I call a "NATURAL HIGH" !

1 comment:

  1. I like the photo. Mr Owl (or Mrs) looks like he/she knew you were there.

    ReplyDelete