Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Sun Came Out

The sun came out and actually got to go out and do some birding. I went down to Fernhill first and it was a little breezy and somewhat cold. Loved every minute.

The Tree Swallows are back. Some saw a violet swallow. I missed that one. It was just nice to get out and see life again.

I was able to see a lot. It was my first time to see a group of Blue Herons together. I usually see them one at a time. Just something I never saw.

After Fernhill I had lunch and drove down to Dawson Creek Park. There was more activity there.  Got some pictures that helped fill my bird list file. Nice to have my own shots on them.

Canvasback
American Kestrel
               

Peregrine Falcon

          Peregrines aren't seen very often at Dawson Creek. It was a good day.
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment